The following are the recognized EMCs in the Diocese of Legazpi:
- The Philippine Foundation of the Brotherhood of Christian Businessmen and Professionals (BCBP) is a community of like-minded Christian businessmen and professionals who have consciously decided to band together to bring about the transformation of the marketplace. To accomplish this vision, they aim to bring into their community men and women of significant influence in business and in the professions who together will be the instruments of Christ in the business milieu. This requires from every BCBP member an on-going personal conversion together with a commitment to the practice of Christian values in the workplace. Thus, to win the marketplace for Christ means the radical change in the value system of business to one that is based on genuine and sustainable Christ-centric business tenets of steward leadership, justice and integrity, and professional excellence.
- The Charismatic Renewal Movement is a spiritual movement that focuses on a deep relationship with the Holy Spirit, highlighting the many “charisms” that are given to Catholics through the sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation. The movement as it exists today is the outgrowth from a retreat held in February 1967 of several faculty members and students from Duquesne University. Many of the students—though not all—experienced a movement of God’s Spirit called being “baptized in the Holy Spirit.” The professors had previously been “baptized in the Spirit” a week or two before. God’s action was also prepared for in a very human way by the students’ prayerful preparation in reading the Acts of the Apostles and a book entitled The Cross and the Switchblade.
- Couples for Christ (CFC) is an international Catholic lay ecclesial movement whose goal is to renew and strengthen Christian values. The organization, recognized by the Pontifical Council for the Laity, is led by an International Council, which operates in the Philippines under the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines and has acquired direct rapports with the Vatican. The community consists of family ministries, social arms, and pro-life ministries. CFC became part of the evangelization of the Diocese of Legazpi when its leaders in Camarines Sur came to Albay in 1991 to begin their Christian Life Program, a weekly seminar series, at the St. Gregory the Great Cathedral.
- The Divine Mercy: Third Millennium Apostolate of the Philippines, Inc., also known as Divine Mercy Apostolate of the Philippines, DMTMAP, DMAP, and DMA, a registered foundation in 1988, has since developed nationwide into several communities and movements, drawing and sharing the charism from the One Source, the Blood and Water gushing from the pierced heart of Jesus Christ. They promote the Divine Mercy message through a comprehensive formation program of 100 weeks modules.
- El Shaddai DWXI Prayer Partners Fellowship International, also known as El Shaddai (אֵל שַׁדַּי, Hebrew for “God Almighty”) is a Catholic charismatic movement in the Philippines whose vision is to reach out to all corners of the country as well as other parts of the world with the Word of God to unite all the People of God.
- The Light of Jesus Family (LOJ) is a religious community that gathers weekly in different locations across the Philippines and around the world for The Feast, a Sunday prayer gathering that includes the celebration of the Holy Eucharist, lively worship, and series of talks on practical Christian living.
- The Missionary Families of Christ (MFC), formerly Couples for Christ Foundation for Family and Life (CFC-FFL), is a Philippine-based Catholic charismatic lay community that emphasizes individual renewal, family life renewal, Church renewal, societal renewal, and evangelization. MFC is a missionary body, and the families and individuals that make up this association are to strive to be instruments of the Holy Spirit in renewing the face of the earth.
- The Neocatechumenal Way (NCW), also known as the Neocatechumenate and The Way, is at the service of bishops and pastors as an itinerary of rediscovery of Baptism and ongoing formation in the faith, and it is proposed to the faithful who wish to rekindle in their lives the richness of the Christian initiation. The Way—whose itinerary is lived in the parishes, in small communities made up of people from different age and social groups—gradually leads the faithful to intimacy with Jesus Christ and transforms them into active members in the Church and credible witnesses of the Good News. It is an instrument for the Christian initiation of adults preparing to receive baptism.
- The Tulay Kalinga ng Panginoon (TKP), a community of believers of the teachings of Our Lord Jesus Christ, is a duly recognized Catholic charismatic community in the Diocese of Legazpi. They gather regularly for the celebration of the Holy Eucharist, religious devotions, prayer meetings, recollections and retreats, and assemblies. The community also aims to strengthen their Christian faith through works of charity, which leads one to an experience of God’s unfailing goodness and mercy. Thus, they serve as a bridge to channel blessings to less fortunate brothers and sisters through their various apostolates, such as extending help to victims of natural calamities, feeding program for children of indigent families, providing financial assistance to charities and to persons with special needs, sponsorship of mass weddings, prison visitation and evangelization, and the conduct of Christian Life Program (CLP) and Life in the Spirit Seminar (LSS).